Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
Grain futures stabilized prior to the WASDE report release. The crop markets continued last week’s late slide Sunday night as the industry squared positions ahead of the monthly USDA WASDE report that came out late this morning. FULL STORY »
USDA raises corn export forecast by 25 million bushels
In their latest World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimate (WASDE) report, the USDA reduced U.S. feed grain ending stocks for 2013-2014 on projected increase of corn exports and lower oats imports. FULL STORY »
Funding drought curbs Australia's "food bowl to Asia" ambitions
Australia's lofty ambitions to become a "food bowl" for a rapidly growing middle-class in Asia are in danger of falling at the farm gate due to the country's harsh, drought-prone climate and a lack of investment in agricultural innovation. FULL STORY »
Jolley: Quick! What the hell are we eating?
Before you feed another calf, plant another row of corn or wonder about the wisdom of winter wheat, maybe you should think about what your fellow citizens are really eating. FULL STORY »
D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
From disaster assistance to tax reform, here is a look at the latest news from Washington. FULL STORY »
CATTLE FEATURES More
- Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
- USDA raises corn export forecast by 25 million bushels
- Funding drought curbs Australia's "food bowl to Asia" ambitions
- Jolley: Quick! What the hell are we eating?
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- FDA lacks clarity in trans fats phase-out process
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Implementation of 2014 Farm Bill allows farmers time for choices
- Research shows cows aren’t crying wolf