Leachman Cattle of Colorado will host a free webinar Tuesday, February 12th at 6 pm Mountain time, focusing on value-based marketing and the attributes that contribute to profitability at sale time. Lee Leachman says today there is more spread between the best calves and the average calves than ever before. We raise the best food in the world, but we must meet consumer demands and continue to improve our production efficiencies. The webinar will update producers on Leachman’s new feeder calf certification program and the latest developments in how $Profit selection index is is utilizing feed intake and feed efficiency records. The webinar format will allow participants to text-message questions in real time. Online registration is available now for Tuesday’s seminar.
Whose calves are worth $150 over the market?
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future
- Monday Market Sentiment: 5-area cash cattle remains steady
- Value of beef exports up again in August
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- U.S. urges Japan to be 'bold' in Pacific trade pact talks
- $3.6M to assist California farmers with drought
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- Is there a right to farm?
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- U.S. Cattlemen's Association continues to support COOL
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: Veggie burger vs. dog food
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges