Leachman Cattle of Colorado will host a free webinar Tuesday, February 12th at 6 pm Mountain time, focusing on value-based marketing and the attributes that contribute to profitability at sale time. Lee Leachman says today there is more spread between the best calves and the average calves than ever before. We raise the best food in the world, but we must meet consumer demands and continue to improve our production efficiencies. The webinar will update producers on Leachman’s new feeder calf certification program and the latest developments in how $Profit selection index is is utilizing feed intake and feed efficiency records. The webinar format will allow participants to text-message questions in real time. Online registration is available now for Tuesday’s seminar.
Whose calves are worth $150 over the market?
- Fall tillers not free forage
- Corn prices expected higher, could pressure fed cattle bids
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Harvest delays increase odds of yield loss for corn growers
- Learning how calves perform post weaning
- Purdue experts to address changing ag market conditions