Dr. Kent Andersen, with Zoetis (formerly Pfizer Animal Health) describes how Five Rivers, the nation’s largest cattle-feeding company, is using the Angus GeneMax genomic test to evaluate a large group of heifers for growth and carcass traits, and using the results to strategically breed them for marketing.
Five Rivers evaluates heifers
- NIAA Antibiotics Use and Resistance Symposium nears
- K-State conference focuses on antibiotic regulations
- Considerations to determine whether to retain heifer calves
- Minimizing storage loss on hay
- Fall-applied herbicides: Which weed species should be the target?
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday