Dr. Kent Andersen, with Zoetis (formerly Pfizer Animal Health) describes how Five Rivers, the nation’s largest cattle-feeding company, is using the Angus GeneMax genomic test to evaluate a large group of heifers for growth and carcass traits, and using the results to strategically breed them for marketing.
Five Rivers evaluates heifers
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing