Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Commentary: Jolley: Has the king of meats forfeited its crown?
- Commentary: Ag’s leading role in the international marketplace
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Proactive heifer parasite control helps long-term profitability
- Case Study: Close gaps in your vaccination program
- Commentary: The Big Fat Surprise: Part IV