The 26th Annual ABBA National F-1 and TBA Brahman Female Sale was held on March 16, 2013 in Caldwell, Texas. Consignors to the sale showcased their F-1, F-1 Plus, Registered Brahman, and Purebred Brahman cattle to a standing room only crowd.
All F-1 females sold were Golden Certified or Certified. F-1 Plus females are the daughters of Golden Certified or Certified F-1 cows and any registered beef bull.
Champion Open, Bred, and Exposed F-1 pens along with the Champion F-1 Plus pen were awarded Friday night. Award results are as follows:
- Champion Open Pen: John Malazzo Farms of Caldwell, Texas
- Champion Exposed Pen: John Malazzo Farms of Caldwell, Texas
- Champion Pairs: H&M Cattle of Wharton, Texas
- Champion F-1 Plus Pen: Alford Cattle Co. of Caldwell, Texas
The sale was dedicated in the memory of Gary Hartman of Seguin, Texas for his longtime participation and service to the sale. Mr Hartman was a cattleman who devoted his entire life to the cattle industry. Mr. Hartman’s family was present to receive the dedication plaque.
There were 43 consignors to the annual sale from 3 states and over 750 head of F-1, F-1 Plus, Registered Brahman, and Purebred Brahman Opens, Pairs, Exposed, and Bred females. Sale averages are as follows:
- 85 F-1 Pairs average: $2,567.66
- 66 B x H average: $2,700.00
- 7 B x G average: $2,150.00
- 9 B x A average: $1,922.00
- 38 F-1 Breds average: $2,092.94
- 29 B x H average: $2,040.00
- 4 B x A average: $2,500.00
- 1 B x G average: $2,000.00
- 4 F1 Plus average: $1,775.00
- 143 F-1 Exposed Heifers average: $2,470.00
- 107 B x H average: $2,600.00
- 34 B x A average: $2,050.00
- 161 F-1 Open Heifers average: $1,400.00
- 62 B x H average: $1,620.00
- 8 B x G average: $1,350.00
- 91 B x A average: $1,240.00
- 109 F-1 Plus average: $1,420.38
- 3 Pairs average: $1,900.00
- 9 Breds average: $1,844.00
- 97 Opens Average: $1,366.24
- Registered Brahmans:
- 14 Pairs average: $2,650.00
- 60 Breds average: $2,525.00
- 10 Exposed average: $2,290.00
- 67 Open – RTB average: $2,340.00
- 38 Open average: $1,819.00
- Purebred Brahman:
- 41 average: $1,600.00
Gold sponsors of this event were Capital Farm Credit and Producers Cooperative Association.
Silver sponsors include Kawasaki of Caldwell, The American Brahman Review, Graham Land and Cattle Co., Positive Feed Inc., Bluebonnet, Nutrition Plus, Anderson Bean Boot Company, Bud Cross Ford, Broken Triangle Cattle Marketing, The Ear, Caldwell Livestock Commission, Citizens State Bank, South Texas Tack, American Hereford Association, Elanco, 44 Farms, Brahman Influence Marketing Group, and Cattle In Motion.
Ranch Sponsors include La Muneca Cattle Co., Dubina Rose Ranch LTD, J. D. Hudgins Inc, Brushy Creek Custom Sires, Casas Cattle, Merial, Kallion Farms, V8 Ranch, Bradley B3R Angus, Purina Animal Nutrition, RB Ranch, Satterfield Ranch, Bruce Alford Cattle Company, Sartwelle Brahman, Triple Son Farms, Rotello Farms, Dyess Farms, Lazy J Ranch, Barzee Brahmans, Texas Hereford Association, Partin & Partin Heart Bar Ranch, Longview Ranch, Bar W Ranch, Schneider Brahmans, Ricky and Myra Hughes, Bulls Eye Ranch, England Cattle Company, Barber Ranch, Royal K Ranch, and Zoetis.
The certification of the F-1 female program is a service offered by the American Brahman Breeders Association to give proper recognition and new value dimensions to the F-1 female. Certification of these females serves the same purpose as registration papers issued by purebred registries for animals within their own breed: the certificate or ear tag identifies the dam’s purity while establishing her F-1 Brahman female identity.
The American Brahman Breeders Association is the world registry for Brahman cattle, the #1 beef breed for efficiency, hybrid vigor and environmental adaptability. For more information on the 26th Annual ABBA National F-1 and TBA Brahman Female Sale or the F-1 program contact ABBA at the Houston headquarters.