Frank Hinkson is a seedstock producer from Cottonwood Falls, Kan., who has noticed an upward trend in customers looking for more docility in their cattle herds. Knowing that genetics plays a role, he added disposition to his list of culling factors and began selecting to include more docility.
Angus VNR: The safety gene
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- Meat production strains land and water resources, researchers say
- Children's livestock shows have become about competition, money
- Female markets soar during August
- It’s only natural, but what does that mean?
- Food supplement to improve cattle digestive system in the works