Frank Hinkson is a seedstock producer from Cottonwood Falls, Kan., who has noticed an upward trend in customers looking for more docility in their cattle herds. Knowing that genetics plays a role, he added disposition to his list of culling factors and began selecting to include more docility.
Angus VNR: The safety gene
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future