Total red meat supplies in freezers were up 3 percent from the previous month but down 8 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 8 percent from the previous month but down 16 percent from last year.

Frozen pork supplies were up slightly from the previous month but down 4 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were down 26 percent from last month but up 44 percent from last year.