The Akaushi breed, which is known for exceptional marbling, is relatively new to the United States. At the National Western Stock Show, Bubba Bain, executive director for the American Akaushi Association describes the breed’s attributes and how commercial producers are using Akaushi genetics in crossbreeding programs.
Bred for healthy marbling
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- Grazing beef cattle on corn residue