The Akaushi breed, which is known for exceptional marbling, is relatively new to the United States. At the National Western Stock Show, Bubba Bain, executive director for the American Akaushi Association describes the breed’s attributes and how commercial producers are using Akaushi genetics in crossbreeding programs.
Bred for healthy marbling
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
More Than Manure® (MTM®) Nutrient Manager