Total red meat supplies in freezers were down 2 percent from the previous month but up 1 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were down 3 percent from the previous month and down slightly from last year.

Frozen pork supplies were down slightly from the previous month but up 2 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were down 7 percent from last month and down 63 percent from last year.

Total frozen poultry supplies on October 31, 2011 were down 7 percent from the previous month and down 4 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken were up 4 percent from the previous month but down 5 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were down 20 percent from last month and down 1 percent from October 31, 2010.