Total recipe time: 60 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups cooked gemelli or corkscrew pasta
- 1 cup grape or teardrop tomatoes, cut in halves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Freshly grated lemon peel
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Add peas; cook 2 to 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse under cold water. Combine peas, pasta and tomatoes in large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk Gremolata Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Toss 2 tablespoons dressing with pasta mixture. Set aside.
- Combine 3 cloves minced garlic and 1 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Carve steak into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Add steak slices and remaining dressing to pasta mixture; toss to coat evenly. Garnish with lemon peel and parsley, if desired.
Recipe as seen in The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by John Wiley & Sons
For more recipes, visit www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com