Megasphaera elsdenii is an anaerobic bacteria that metabolizes lactic acid in the rumen of beef and dairy cattle reducing the risk of acidosis and other digestive problems. Kevin Miller, PhD, director of technical services for MSBiotech, discusses how Lactipro, the company’s M. elsdenii product, fits in feedlot and dairy health programs.
DFM for rumen health
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future