Dave Natzke joins Dairy Herd Management Jan. 13 as Editor, bringing his decades of dairy industry knowledge and experience to the respected brand.
This is the latest step in Dairy Herd Management’s producer-first focus in 2014. As Editor, Natzke will oversee editorial content for both print and web, supervise full-time and freelance editorial staff and provide strategic direction for the brand.
He was most recently Editor/Editorial Director for DairyBusiness Communications. He has also served as Managing Editor for two weekly agricultural newspapers in Wisconsin and has more than 30 years of experience covering agriculture and the dairy industry. He will be based in Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
“I grew up on a dairy farm and continue to be surrounded by the industry,” Natzke said. “I’m looking forward to further establishing Dairy Herd Management as the top business publication in the dairy industry.”
Dairy Herd Management editors and contributors are in contact with dairy producers on a daily basis, and in fact, many contributors are dairy producers. Issues such as animal health and welfare, health care, government relations, consumer trends, research and financial markets are covered on a daily basis.
“We’re excited to have Dave lead our dairy industry coverage, and we’re confident the dairy industry will find him to be a knowledgeable and innovative thinker in the industry,” said Greg Johnson, Editorial Director for the agribusiness division of Vance Publishing Corporation, the owner of Dairy Herd Management.
The brand’s editorial board consists of dairy producers who provide insight and leadership in both print and online content.
Editorial advisory board members are:
- Lloyd Holterman, partner in Rosy-Lane Holsteins, Watertown, Wis.;
- Rod Hissong, co-owner of Mercer Vu Farms, Mercersville, Pa.;
- Amy Martin, dairy producer in LeRoy, Mich.;
- Sandy Stauffer, dairy producer in northern New York;
- Brad Scott, dairy producer in San Jacinto, Calif.;
- Don Bennink, owner of North Florida Holsteins;
- David Foster, dairy producer from Southeast Kansas;
- Amanda Arata Miller, COO for Rockview Dairies in Southern Nevada; and
- Deb Reinhart, dairy producer in New Holstein, Wis.