With support from the beef checkoff, NCBA is conducting an extensive study to benchmark beef sustainability and identify areas for improvement across the beef production and marketing system. Kim Stackhouse-Lawson, NCBA’s director of sustainability research describes the project and its goals.
Defining sustainable beef
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future