Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- Ohio Cattlemen's Roundup tours Clark County - September 5-6
- Ag markets proved quite mixed Tuesday night
- USDA reports confirm tight cattle supplies
- Fall armyworms on the march early due to unseasonable rains
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: Sealed with a handshake
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: From coin flip to cattle empire