Cow maintenance represents a considerable cost to ranchers, but today’s technology could offer alternatives. George Seidel, PhD., a Colorado State University distinguished professor and rancher, describes a system using sexed semen to breed an all-heifer herd and marketing heifers as feeder cattle once they’ve weaned their first calf.
Drop the cow from cow-calf production?
- California marks warmest winter and spring on record
- Annual Minnesota Nutrition Conference scheduled
- Race for North Dakota's agriculture commissioner is all about oil
- New ZILMAX data being presented
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Purdue agronomist: “Cautiously optimistic” about corn crop