Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Bears made presence felt in the ag markets Thursday afternoon
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- How is antibiotic use going to change under proposals by the FDA
- Commentary: Bashing beef
- 2014 Farm Bill conservation compliance changes
- Ag markets proved surprisingly changeable Thursday morning