Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Marbling and functional cows
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head