The Indiana Beef Evaluation Program will host its 71st bull sale on April 18 in Springville, Ind.
All of the 108 bulls offered for sale completed the IBEP's rigorous 125-day performance test at the Feldun-Purdue Agricultural Center and are in ideal body condition for use this spring.
The bulls offered for sale were the top indexing animals of their breeds, and all passed inspections for breeding and structural soundness. They also have been measured by ultrasound for ribeye area, backfat and percent intramuscular fat, or marbling.
Expected Progeny Differences, or EPDs, for birth weight, weaning weight, yearling weigh, maternal milk, calving ease and carcass traits, and $ indexes are available to help potential buyers make their selections.
Potential buyers can view the bulls ahead of time at the Test Station at Feldun-Purdue Agricultural Center, 1117 state Route 458, Bedford. Bulls also will be available for viewing during the Test Station's April 11 open house at 4 p.m., or after 3 p.m. the day of the sale at the Springville Feeder Auction, 4426 state Route 54 W., Springville.
Cattle producers also can view the sale and place bids online at http://www.dvauction.com. They also can participate in the sale from five remote sites around Indiana:
- Purdue Extension Tippecanoe County office, 3150 Sagamore Parkway S., Lafayette.
- Purdue Extension Parke County office, 1472 N. state Route 41, Rockville.
- Purdue Extension Clark County office, 9608 state Route 62, Charlestown.
- Fulton County Fairgrounds, 1009 W. 3rd St., Rochester.
- Purdue Extension Wayne County office, 861 Salisbury Road N., Richmond.
More information is available at http://www.ansc.purdue.edu/ibep/ or by contacting one of the following people: