Friday’s cattle-on-feed report was rather friendly to the feeder market with October 1st inventories near expectations at 97.4 percent of a year ago. Placements possessed the bullish signal as only 81.2 percent were put on feed in September which was well below the average of analysts’ predictions.
Feeder cattle review: Calf markets continue to be very volatile
- California marks warmest winter and spring on record
- Annual Minnesota Nutrition Conference scheduled
- Race for North Dakota's agriculture commissioner is all about oil
- New ZILMAX data being presented
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Purdue agronomist: “Cautiously optimistic” about corn crop