Fed cattle sold 1.00-1.50 higher this week from 125.00-125.50 live but only 193.00 on a dressed basis in the Northern feedlot area, which was still 3.00 higher. The higher market was badly needed by cattle feeders with most pens still falling well shy of their breakevens, but rather impressive with carcass weights at an all-time high and fierce competition from cheaper proteins.
Feeder cattle review: Yearling feeders mostly steady to higher
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
AE11 Series Free-Stall Scraper