Fed cattle sold 1.00-1.50 higher this week from 125.00-125.50 live but only 193.00 on a dressed basis in the Northern feedlot area, which was still 3.00 higher. The higher market was badly needed by cattle feeders with most pens still falling well shy of their breakevens, but rather impressive with carcass weights at an all-time high and fierce competition from cheaper proteins.
Feeder cattle review: Yearling feeders mostly steady to higher
- Defining stockmanship
- Crop futures diverged from livestock markets Wednesday night
- Cargill issues corporate responsibility report
- Will corn be a viable option for backgrounders this fall?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge