Dr. Kent Andersen, with Zoetis (formerly Pfizer Animal Health) describes how Five Rivers, the nation’s largest cattle-feeding company, is using the Angus GeneMax genomic test to evaluate a large group of heifers for growth and carcass traits, and using the results to strategically breed them for marketing.
Five Rivers evaluates heifers
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain