Dr. Kent Andersen, with Zoetis (formerly Pfizer Animal Health) describes how Five Rivers, the nation’s largest cattle-feeding company, is using the Angus GeneMax genomic test to evaluate a large group of heifers for growth and carcass traits, and using the results to strategically breed them for marketing.
Five Rivers evaluates heifers
- Natural gas, Henry Hub prices fall
- White House Rural Council to invest $10 billion for job-creation
- Bears made presence felt in the ag markets Thursday afternoon
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- How is antibiotic use going to change under proposals by the FDA
- Commentary: Bashing beef