Farmers have been early adopters of many communications technologies, and Successful Farming and AgriCharts are meeting that growing demand by launching a new app for farmers on the go.
AgMobile®, available in both Google Play and the Apple App Store, is the most complete app for accessing commodity markets and news information from the convenience of a mobile device. It is the first in a series of initiatives between AgriCharts and Meredith Agrimedia, which launched Agriculture.com, the industry's first and leading website, in 1995.
"AgMobile is the preferred tool for farmers desiring the latest markets, news, and weather information," said David Kurns, Editorial Content Director at Successful Farming. "This puts real-time agriculture in the hands of every farmer."
AgMobile is the latest innovation from Successful Farming, which has a 112-year history of serving farmers with relevant, timely information across multiple media platforms, including print, television, digital, radio and video.
"Through our partnership with Successful Farming, we have developed a valuable new tool for farmers," said Mark Haraburda, Managing Director at AgriCharts, a division of Barchart.com. "By combining Successful Farming's agricultural news, videos and editorial content with our commodity market data and technology, we are providing a useful and modern tool that farmers will benefit from every day."
The free mobile app offers these easy-to-read features for farmers:
- Dynamic quotes and charts to local cash grain bids
- News from Agriculture.com, including Market commentary
- Grain and livestock futures and options on futures quotes from the CBOT, CME, and more
- Current and historical charts on all commodities
- Live market commentary on the latest developments in corn, soybeans, wheat, cattle, hogs, cotton, and other markets
- Custom watchlists for quick access to the markets you follow the most
- Weather conditions, forecasts, maps, and ag-specific data by location
- Cash grain bids from local and regional elevators