Kansas State University’s Agricultural Research Center-Hays will hold Kansas Wheat Day on May 30. The program will take a look at the present and future, as well as honor the past, including recognition of Joe Martin, who retired after 32 years as K-State’s wheat breeder at Hays.
Wheat Day, which will be held at the center, located at 1232 240 Ave. in Hays, begins with registration at 9 a.m. and the program at 9:30 a.m. The rest of the schedule includes:
- 10:00 a.m. – Field Plot Tour
- 11:00 a.m. – Recognition of Dr. Joe Martin, KSU wheat breeder
- 11:30 a.m. – Washington, D.C. Wheat Update – Jane DeMarchi, director of government affairs for research and technology, National Association of Wheat Growers
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch – Sponsored by Kansas Wheat Commission - Kansas Wheat Innovation Center Update – Aaron Harries, Kansas Wheat Commission
- 1:00 p.m. – Market Demand for Wheat Quality and Hard White Wheat – Matt Overturf, grain merchandiser, Skyland Grain Co., LLC
Wheat Day will end at 2 p.m.
More information is available by calling the K-State Western Kansas Agricultural Research Center-Hays at 785-625-3425.