Consumer preferences and the value of cattle add to the importance of Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) certification and adherence to BQA guidelines. John Paterson, PhD, director of producer education at NCBA, outlines current trends and accomplishments of the BQA program.
Maintain momentum for BQA
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- Building beef cow herd requires quality management and genetics