Consumer preferences and the value of cattle add to the importance of Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) certification and adherence to BQA guidelines. John Paterson, PhD, director of producer education at NCBA, outlines current trends and accomplishments of the BQA program.
Maintain momentum for BQA
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing