Texas A&M meat scientist Jeff Savell, PhD, says Phase 2 of the 2011 National Beef Quality Audit showed improvements in the quality of beef carcasses coming through packing plants, more individual identification and an upward trend in carcass weights.
NBQA: In-plant audits reveal progress and challenges
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Commentary: New rules un-COOL
- TSCRA works with sale barns to catch Houston cattle thief
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early