The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 310 thousand head on June 1, 2013, up 5 percent from the previous month but down 3 percent from the June 1, 2012 level. Placements during May were 78 thousand head, down 4 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during May were 61 thousand head, up 13 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during May totaled 2 thousand head.
Okla. Cattle on Feed down 3 percent
- Conventionally produced beef…safe and sustainable?
- Merck updates veterinarians on Zilmax
- Distillers grain prices don’t decline as fast as corn prices
- Recent changes in U.S.-Mexican cattle and beef trade
- Revenue insurance—a certainty in an otherwise unknown farm bill
- Study blaming rat tumors on Roundup and GM corn retracted