The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 310 thousand head on June 1, 2013, up 5 percent from the previous month but down 3 percent from the June 1, 2012 level. Placements during May were 78 thousand head, down 4 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during May were 61 thousand head, up 13 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during May totaled 2 thousand head.
Okla. Cattle on Feed down 3 percent
- Guarding against overreach of the Endangered Species Act
- Higher beef prices taking a bite out of McDonald's profits
- Jolley: Five Minutes with the Cliven Bundy fiasco
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Following the rails: USDA tracks ag exports across the border
- Certified Animal Welfare Audits for farms: The leap