KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A variety of unique items and opportunities will be up for bid July 25 on BuyHereford.com with all proceeds benefiting the Hereford Research Foundation. For the last three years BuyHereford.com has been hosting annual auctions filled with unique lots to benefit the foundation, and each has garnered more than $20,000 to help fund research.
This year will be no exception with exciting lots on which to bid. Plenty of premier Hereford genetics will be up for sale, whether it be top-quality cattle, semen or embryo packages. Also past sale highlights of hunting opportunities throughout the U.S. should draw plenty of attention. Again this year, Gallagher has donated state-of-the-art fencing equipment and Sullivan Show Supply has donated one of its best items. In addition, Trans Ova Genetics and Viagen will offer reproductive service packages.
“Thanks to the supporters of the Hereford Research Foundation we are able to continue and invest in industry leading research,” says Jack Ward, American Hereford Association (AHA) chief operating officer and director of breed improvement.
The following is a list of early consignments, but is subject to change:
• Four frozen embryos with two guaranteed pregnancies by CL 1 Domino 144Y 1ET (43189591) x CL 1 Dominette 617S (42673551), donated by Cooper Herefords, Willow Creek, Mont., www.cooperherefords.com.
• Four embryos by KCF Bennett Revolution X51 (P43081556) x KCF Miss M326 R52 (P42573563), donated by Knoll Crest Farm, Red House, Va.
• Four embryos by NJW 73S M326 Trust 100W ET (P43002897) x KCF Miss Revolution Y68 (P43182291), donated by Knoll Crest Farm, Red House, Va.
• Four embryos by THM Durango 4037 (P42460503) x NJW 72N P606 Be Happy 161X ET (P43094088), donated by NJW Polled Herefords, Ned and Jan Ward, Sheridan, Wyo.
• Three frozen embryos by CL 1 Domino 105Y (43189434) x HH Miss Advance 7145T (42785376), donated by Holden Herefords, Valier, Mont., www.holdenherefords.com.
• 10 straws of SHF Wonder M326 W18 ET (42991698), donated by Sandhill Farms, Haviland, Kan., www.sandhillfarms.com.
• Five straws of Remitall Online 122L (42254372), donated by Loewen Herefords, Waukomis, Okla., www.loewenherefords.com.
• Two straws of Remitall Keynote 20X (23631818), donated by C&L Herefords, Ixonia, Wis., www.cnlfarm.com.
• A conventional IVF cycle to be redeemed at any Trans Ova location, donated by Trans Ova Genetics, www.transova.com.
• Pheasant hunt and ranch visit donated by Rausch Herefords, Hoven, S.D., www.rauschherefords.com.
• Duck/Goose hunt and ranch visit, donated by Shaw Cattle Co., Caldwell, Idaho, www.shawcattle.com.
• Hog Hunt, Los Senoeros, Texas, www.kraftranches.com. Two day/one night/four people, donated by Texas Breeders: Kinnear Polled Herefords, Still River Ranch, Spearhead Ranch and McMullin Ranch.
• One 24-in. Turbo fan, donated by Sullivan Supply, Dunlap, Iowa, www.sullivansupply.com
• Fencing equipment, donated by Gallagher
The Hereford Research Foundation was established in 2009 as a division of the Hereford Youth Foundation of America, a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization to support breed improvement projects outside the scope of the AHA budget.
The fund has already supported heterosis research projects like the Harris Ranch study and helped set the groundwork for a new GrowSafe system built at Olsen Ranch, Harrisburg, Neb.