Last year, the American Meat Institute (AMI) initiated its “Glass Walls Project,” developing videos with Dr. Temple Grandin to offer the public an objective, non-scripted look at livestock slaughter. At the recent Animal Agriculture Alliance Stakeholder Summit, AMI’s Jane Riley discussed response to the beef video released last year and the Pork video due for release this week. For more, read “Glass walls at the packing plant.”
Opening packing house doors
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future