This week, Japan agreed to ease import restrictions, allowing U.S. beef from cattle up to 30 months of age. Prior to the anticipated announcement, we spoke with Joel Haggard, the U.S. Meat Export Federation’s senior VP for the Asia-Pacific region, about the implications of expanded beef trade with Japan and the rest of the region.
Potential growth in Asian markets
- Ag markets were mixed to start the new week
- U.S. cattle placements rise in April as feed costs subside
- Schwieterman: Cattle futures end week with sharp losses
- Insects. They’re what’s for dinner!
- Hay buyers should plan purchases early
- The relationship between retail gasoline prices and futures prices