Phil Seng, president and CEO of the U.S. Meat Export Federation, discusses the importance of the USDA’s Market Access Program (MAP) in expanding beef exports, and the need to include MAP in the debate over the next farm bill.
Risk to USDA’s Market Access Program
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- Building beef cow herd requires quality management and genetics