A new University of Minnesota Extension program offering farm families strategies and practical information on regulatory and management aspects associated with a hired workforce will be available in June in Rochester, Minn., and St. Cloud, Minn.
"Employment Skills for Today--Planning for Success" is a full-day workshop designed to help participants deepen their knowledge of legal and tax issues related to labor workforce management, including:
- tasks employers must do to properly document workers;
- the newly revised Form I-9;
- the hiring process and employee compensation;
- cultural diversity; and
- maintaining effective communications with employees.
The programs are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. They're offered:
- June 17, Room HA112, University Center Rochester, 1926 College View Road SE, Rochester; and
- June 21, St. Cloud Technical & Community College, 1540 Northway Drive, St. Cloud
The workshops are free, but space is limited. Lunch is included. To register, please call contact Bobbi Ruesch at 507-337-2801 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AgStar Financial Services sponsors the workshops, with promotional assistance from Minnesota Milk Producers Association, Minnesota Dairy Initiative, St. Cloud Technical & Community College and the Minnesota Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association.