Colorado State University meat scientist Keith Belk, PhD., directed Phase 1 of the 2011 National Beef Quality Audit, which measured perceptions within the feeding, packing, retail and food-service sectors. Food safety tops the list of priorities, but Belk says definitions of beef quality vary considerably between sectors.
What is “beef quality” anyway?
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade
- What sick day? Farmers take just three a year
- Senate Agriculture Committee completes Farm Bill markup