Several factors play into the choices you make for mastitis treatment, including:
• Individual cow health history
• Somatic cell counts
• Culturing and pathogen identification
• Herd health records
• Mastitis event data
Enhance your milk quality and increase successful treatment outcomes by sticking to the basics — keeping records, culturing and appropriately targeting your mastitis treatment.
This month on www.milkqualityfocus.com — Work smarter, not harder: Targeting mastitis treatment for better outcomes. Visit the site for insight from three veterinarians on ways to make mastitis therapy choices with milk quality in mind.
Targeting Mastitis Treatment For Better Outcomes
- 300 Days of Grazing field day set for Nov. 18 at SWREC
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Emergency preparedness workshops planned for livestock operations
- Ohio State offers commercial pesticide applicator recertification
- Red Angus selection indices estimate profitability
- Ag conservation publication available from Purdue Extension