• Buying and Selling Right – Kevin Dhuyvetter, agricultural economist – K-State Research and Extension;
• Panel: Partnering with Feedlots – WhoBrings What to the Table? Jerry Bohn, Pratt Feeders, Dan Dorn, Decatur County Feed Yard, Jim Reeves, JMR Cattle Co.
• Thinking Outside the Shots – Dan Thomson,
• Panel: Negotiating Custom Grazing Arrangements Mike Collinge,
• Cattle Financing in a Tight Credit Market – Gary Cotterill, Community National Bank,
• Producing Value-Added Cattle – Brian Bertelson,
• Weed and Woody Plant Control in Pastures – Walt Fick, K-State Research and Extension;
• Utilization of Byproducts on Pasture – Lyle Lomas, K-State Research and Extension
In addition, technological and scientific innovations and applications available from commercial vendors and the K-State Diagnostics Lab will be highlighted during the day, including cattle handling facilities; persistently infected (PI) bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV); and record-keeping systems.
The field day includes a catered barbecue brisket lunch and to wrap up the day, Moly Manufacturing will sponsor the “Cutting Bull’s Lament” – a Prairie Oyster Fry, Pitchfork Fondue and Dutch Oven Desserts.
More information and a registration brochure are available from K-State
Or contact Lois Schreiner at (785) 532-1267 or firstname.lastname@example.org