This week on Merck Animal Health’s BRD Report: From the Fence Post blog, guest blogger Dee Griffin, DVM, MS, from the Great Plains Veterinary Education Center discusses BQA. In a post titled “Beef Quality Assurance – Healthy Herds, Happy Consumers,” Griffin points out that 19 of 20 beef products originating in the United States are raised within BQA guidelines. Management of bovine respiratory disease (BRD), he adds, is a component of BQA. Read the full blog post here.
Dee Griffin contributes to BRD blog
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records