Prices in the fed cattle market were $2-$3 lower this week on light-to-moderate trade. Feeder cattle prices were steady to $3 lower for the week, while calf and slaughter cows were priced mostly steady.
CattleFax Closing Bell: Feeder cattle likely to move lower
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records