Prices in the fed cattle market were $2-$3 lower this week on light-to-moderate trade. Feeder cattle prices were steady to $3 lower for the week, while calf and slaughter cows were priced mostly steady.
CattleFax Closing Bell: Feeder cattle likely to move lower
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing