Galen Erickson of the University of Nebraska talks about offsetting high grain prices with corn silage and crop residues, and options for cattlemen.
Feed outlook provides challenge for cattlemen
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Purdue agronomist: “Cautiously optimistic” about corn crop
- Hay situation good in east, southeast, iffy in others
- Feedlot margins take a steep hit
- Angus VNR: Genetics may solve cattle health challenges
- USMEF Audio Report: New U.S. Lamb Cut Chart Guide