The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 270 thousand head on November 1, 2013, down 5 percent from the previous month and down 22 percent from the November 1, 2012 level. Placements during October were 65 thousand head, unchanged from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during October were 78 thousand head, up 44 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during October totaled 2 thousand head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed down 22 percent
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Purdue agronomist: “Cautiously optimistic” about corn crop
- Hay situation good in east, southeast, iffy in others
- Feedlot margins take a steep hit
- Angus VNR: Genetics may solve cattle health challenges
- USMEF Audio Report: New U.S. Lamb Cut Chart Guide