The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 270 thousand head on November 1, 2013, down 5 percent from the previous month and down 22 percent from the November 1, 2012 level. Placements during October were 65 thousand head, unchanged from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during October were 78 thousand head, up 44 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during October totaled 2 thousand head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed down 22 percent
- Will corn be a viable option for backgrounders this fall?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- EPA, Corps hijack Clean Water Act to expand regulatory authority
- Grazing after the growing season