Now is the time to watch for respiratory problems in calves, and respond quickly to any outbreak. Mississippi State University veterinarian David Smith outlines how maternal antibodies decline in calves by around 90 to 120 days of age, potentially resulting in outbreaks of summer pneumonia.
Summer BRD in pre-weaned calves
- 300 Days of Grazing field day set for Nov. 18 at SWREC
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Emergency preparedness workshops planned for livestock operations
- Ohio State offers commercial pesticide applicator recertification
- Red Angus selection indices estimate profitability
- Ag conservation publication available from Purdue Extension