Now is the time to watch for respiratory problems in calves, and respond quickly to any outbreak. Mississippi State University veterinarian David Smith outlines how maternal antibodies decline in calves by around 90 to 120 days of age, potentially resulting in outbreaks of summer pneumonia.
Summer BRD in pre-weaned calves
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector