Now is the time to watch for respiratory problems in calves, and respond quickly to any outbreak. Mississippi State University veterinarian David Smith outlines how maternal antibodies decline in calves by around 90 to 120 days of age, potentially resulting in outbreaks of summer pneumonia.
Summer BRD in pre-weaned calves
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing