The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 355 thousand head on May 1, 2011, unchanged from the previous month but up 9 percent from May 1, 2010. Placements during April were 76,000, 33 percent above one year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during April were 74,000, up 6 percent from the same month last year. Other disappearance during April totaled 2,000 head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed inventory up 9 percent
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade
- What sick day? Farmers take just three a year
- Insects. They’re what’s for dinner!