Des Moines, IA Fri May 04, 2012 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values weak on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Select and Choice rib, chuck, round and loin cuts steady to weak. Beef
trimmings sharply lower on nearby delivery with moderate demand and
moderate to heavy offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.67 at 190.29; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
DN 0.79 at 186.11; based on 84.04 loads of Choice cuts, 72.40
loads of Select cuts, 23.76 loads of Trimmings, and 30.81
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.17 at 176.61; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses DN 0.23
Current index reflects the equivalent of 127,348 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 177.21
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.84, UP 0.05.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 36.0 loads of pork cuts and 6.5 loads of
Compared to Thursday's Close: Fresh loins steady to 1.00
higher; butts steady to 1.00 higher; processing cuts not established;
lean trimmings 2.00 higher. Trading slow, with light demand and light
to moderate offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **78.86 UP 0.76.** Loins bone
in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-LGT 120.00-121.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,713
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 86 506.80
45-55# 41 379.93
55-65# 142 353.27
65-75# 219 334.50
75-85# 346 321.12
85-UP 879 294.41
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 123,000 Calves: 2,000; Hogs: 401,000; Sheep: 6,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- YSA members gain insight into agribusiness, retail industries
- Meat industry associations quick to attack the new MCOOL rule
- Team up against bovine respiratory disease
- Oil prices pare losses on U.S. equities turnaround
- Future of food discussion with Agriculture Secretary
- Ag markets diverged prove rather volatile on Thursday
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability