Des Moines, IA Fri May 25, 2012 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values lower on light to moderate demand and moderate
offerings. Select and Choice ribs generally steady, while chuck and rounds
weak, with loins weak to lower. Beef trimmings weak on light to moderate
demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.93
at 194.63; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 1.38 at 185.46; based on 66.88
loads of Choice cuts, 61.75 loads of Select cuts, 19.47 loads of trimmings, and
29.37 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.51 at 181.17; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.73 at 173.13
Current index reflects the equivalent of 239110 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 179.29 dn 0.27
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at 13.15, unchanged.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK NW_LS500
Sales reported on 27.25 loads of pork cuts and 3 loads of trim/process pork
Compared to Thursday's Close: Fresh retail cuts and sknd
hams 23-27 lbs steady; other processing cuts and lean trimmings not tested.
Trading slow, with light to moderate demand and offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65"-0.80" back
fat at last rib.* **77.97 dn -0.23.** Loins bone in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21#
DN-LGT 138.00; Hams bone in trimmed, 23-27 lbs trim spec 1 65.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 96
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 40 527.59
45-55# 14 420.00
55-65# 26 384.81
65-75# 11 375.00
85-UP 5 288.00
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 124,000; Calves: 2,000; Hogs: 392,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Bill Sumpter 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- Oklahoma producers have access to new OQBN tool
- Survey reveals most Americans in favor of COOL
- Oil ends higher on weaker dollar, supplies weigh
- Purdue's beef evaluation program receives 10,000th bull
- Corn planting pace turns from record slow to record fast
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- Ag markets were mixed to start the new week
- U.S. cattle placements rise in April as feed costs subside
- Schwieterman: Cattle futures end week with sharp losses
- Corn and soybean prices continue to retrace 2012 drought rally
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice