Total red meat supplies in freezers were down 4 percent from the previous month but up 6 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 2 percent from the previous month but down 1 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were down 8 percent from the previous month but up 13 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 30 percent from last month but down 8 percent from last year.
USDA: Red meat in freezers up 6% from last year
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week
- Beef association president comments on beef from Argentina