Total red meat supplies in freezers were down 4 percent from the previous month but up 6 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 2 percent from the previous month but down 1 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were down 8 percent from the previous month but up 13 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 30 percent from last month but down 8 percent from last year.
USDA: Red meat in freezers up 6% from last year
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- Building beef cow herd requires quality management and genetics