Total red meat supplies in freezers were down 4 percent from the previous month but up 6 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 2 percent from the previous month but down 1 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were down 8 percent from the previous month but up 13 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 30 percent from last month but down 8 percent from last year.
USDA: Red meat in freezers up 6% from last year
No matching related articles at this time.
- NCBA Op-Ed: EPA’s data sharing incident a debacle
- Cow-calf corner: Review calving season and make improvements
- Feeder cattle review: Feed report neutral to slightly bearish
- Cattle Outlook: Retail choice beef up 9% over past 2 years
- United States Cattle on Feed down 3 percent
- Family contribution takes reward for cattle shooting over $16k
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade
- What sick day? Farmers take just three a year
- Senate Agriculture Committee completes Farm Bill markup