Total red meat supplies in freezers were down 4 percent from the previous month but up 6 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 2 percent from the previous month but down 1 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were down 8 percent from the previous month but up 13 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 30 percent from last month but down 8 percent from last year.
USDA: Red meat in freezers up 6% from last year
No matching related articles at this time.
- Initial bid submitted for S.D. beef facility
- Short- and long-term implications of the RFS waiver
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Video series addresses “superbugs” in meat and poultry products
- Commentary: ’Tis the season
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- Bale grazing popularity continues to grow
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Resource guide assists military veterans interested in farming
- Thursday's auction offers fresh start for S.D. beef plant
- Dodge ‘Year of the Farmer’ comes to life in photo collection