USDA report shows beef in freezers up 4% from a year earlier

 Resize text         Printer-friendly version of this article Printer-friendly version of this article

Total red meat supplies in freezers were up 3 percent from both the previous month and last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 1 percent from the previous month and up 4 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were up 5 percent from the previous month and up 2 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 17 percent from last month but down 31 percent from last year.

Total frozen poultry supplies on February 28, 2013 were up 2 percent from the previous month and up 9 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken were down 3 percent from the previous month but up 6 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were up 11 percent from last month and up 14 percent from February 29, 2012.





 



Comments (0) Leave a comment 

Name
e-Mail (required)
Location

Comment:

characters left


Scout™ 4WD UTV

Work, play or explore with the Case IH Scout™ utility vehicles. They offer plenty of power, accessories to match any ... Read More

View all Products in this segment

View All Buyers Guides

Feedback Form
Leads to Insight