Amarillo, TX Tue May 01, 2012 USDA-TX Dept of Ag Market News
Amarillo Livestock Auction Summary, Amarillo, TX - 4/30/2012
Cattle and Calves: 696 Week Ago: 522 Year Ago: 611
Compared to last week: A light test of feeder steers and heifers, however a
lower undertone was noted. Not enough comparable sales of steer and heifer
calves for an adequate trend. Offering included several loads of yearling
heifers weighing 700-800 lbs. Trade was light to moderate on moderate demand.
Slaughter cows and bulls sold with a much higher undertone on light comparable
sales last week. Slaughter cows consisted of 7 percent of the offering,
slaughter bulls less than 1 percent, replacement cows less than 1 percent and 91
percent feeders. Feeder supply included 24 percent steers and bulls, 76 percent
heifers. Approximately 88 percent of the run weighed over 600 lbs.
Steers: Medium and Large 1 few 440-480 lbs 193.00-196.00; pkg 721 lbs 156.00;
load 811 lbs 139.00.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1-2 few 776 lbs 128.00; few 942 lbs 111.00.
Heifers: Medium and Large 1 400-500 lbs 172.50-180.00; 550-600 lbs 146.00-
155.00; 700-800 lbs 130.50-139.00, few fleshy 700 lbs 130.00.
Medium and Large 1-2 few 680 lbs 137.00; few 754 lbs 125.00; few 802 lbs
Medium and Large 2-3 few 713 lbs 127.50.
Percent Lean Weight Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 75-80 1200-1600 82.50
Boning 80-85 1100-1300 87.50-90.50 92.00-93.25 84.00
Lean 85-90 1000-1300 85.00-89.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 High dressing individual 1890 lbs 112.00
The estimated dressed cost for beef cows at the Amarillo Auction: Boners:
Bred Cows: Medium 2 Young 3-6 months bred 1150 lbs 1035.00.
Source: USDA-TX Dept of Ag Market News Service, Amarillo, TX
806/372-6361 - email@example.com
USDA-TX 24 hour price information 806-372-3494 or 800-252-3407
Amarillo, TX Auction Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Wednesday morning
- Wet conditions threaten hay crop as harvest is delayed
- UNL crop-residue presentations available online
- Cow slaughter through May likely to exceed same period in 2012
- Beef Quiz: Growing beef demand
- AFBF president issues statement on U.S.-EU trade negotiations
- Will Smith dethroned in latest Peterson Farm Bros. parody
- 3,000 pounds of copper wire stolen from Oklahoma ranch
- Changes in U.S.-Mexican cattle and beef trade
- Crude oil expected to peak and cost of electricity to go down
- Peterson Brothers: What summer vacation?
- Experts weigh in on lowest beef supply in 60 years