Markets

Bay Springs Livestock Auction MS



JK_LS156

Jackson, MS    Tue Jun 10, 2014    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News



West Point, MS - West Point Stockyard

Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Mon Jun 09, 2014



Receipts     This week    315       Last Week    530



Compared to last week slaughter cows trended Steady. Slaughter bulls no trend.

Feeder steers trended Steady. Feeder heifers trended Steady. Feeder consisted 

of 54 percent steers and 46 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 

72 percent over 600 lbs 11 percent. Total receipts were made up of 83 percent 

feeders, 13 percent slaughter cows and 4 percent Pairs/Replacements. 



   Slaughter Cows:

               Weight (lbs)   Pct Lean     Average Dress        High Dress



Breakers       850-1200       70-80%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Boners         850-1200       80-85%        92.50 -    99.00   103.5-      106.5

Lean           850-1200       85-90%        80.00 -    86.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           750-850        85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           under750       85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00





   SLAUGHTER BULLS:  Yield grade 1-2  1000-1500 lbs 0.00-0.00; 

1500-2000 lbs 0.00-0.00.



   FEEDER STEERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

200-300 lbs 270.00-287.50 up to 300.00; 300-350 lbs 265.00-275.00; 

350-400 lbs 250.00-261.00; 400-450 lbs 227.50-237.50; 

450-500 lbs 217.50-230.00; 500-550 lbs 200.00-215.00; 

550-600 lbs 193.00-204.00; 600-650 lbs 179.00-187.00; 

700-800 lbs 170.00-178.00.



 Medium & Large 3  200-300 lbs 257.50-267.50; 

300-350 lbs 245.00-257.50; 350-400 lbs 227.50-237.00; 

400-450 lbs 212.50-225.00.



   FEEDER HEIFERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

300-400 lbs 222.50-237.50; 400-500 lbs 212.00-222.00; 

500-550 lbs 190.00-202.50; 600-650 lbs 173.00-183.00.



 Medium & Large 3  300-400 lbs 205.00-215.00; 

400-500 lbs 200.00-210.00; 500-550 lbs 180.00-189.00.



   REPLACEMENT & FEEDER COWS:  Medium & Large 1-2 Middle Aged (4-8 yrs) 

1065-1420 Lbs 1-8 months bred 1200.00-1950.00.



Source:  Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce - USDA Market News Service



         Jackson, MS   Michael Lasseter, Market Reporter, (601) 359-1159

         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS156

0900c  ml

No comments

Add new comment

(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Welcome

to our redesigned homepage!

Scroll Down for more stories