Markets

Bay Springs Livestock Auction MS



JK_LS156

Jackson, MS    Tue Oct 7, 2014    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News



West Point, MS - West Point Stockyard

Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Mon Oct 06, 2014



Receipts     This week    489       Last Week    517



Compared to last week slaughter cows trended Steady. Slaughter bulls no trend.

Feeder steers trended Steady. Feeder heifers trended Steady. Feeder consisted 

of 53 percent steers and 47 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 

87 percent over 600 lbs 4 percent. Total receipts were made up of 91 percent 

feeders, 8 percent slaughter cows and 1 percent Pairs/Replacements. 



   Slaughter Cows:

               Weight (lbs)   Pct Lean     Average Dress        High Dress



Breakers       850-1200       70-80%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Boners         850-1200       80-85%        95.00 -    105.0   106.0-      109.0

Lean           850-1200       85-90%        90.00 -    97.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           750-850        85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           under750       85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00





   SLAUGHTER BULLS:  Yield grade 1-2  1000-1500 lbs 0.00-0.00; 

1500-2000 lbs 0.00-0.00.



   FEEDER STEERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

200-250 lbs 325.00-360.00; 250-300 lbs 325.00-350.00; 

300-350 lbs 310.00-325.00; 350-400 lbs 275.00-300.00; 

400-450 lbs 260.00-280.00; 450-500 lbs 262.00-275.00;

500-550 lbs 235.00-250.00; 550-600 lbs 220.00-230.00 3 hd 563# @ 237.00; 

600-650 lbs 200.00-218.00 4 hd 619# @ 219.00.



   FEEDER HEIFERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

300-350 lbs 287.00-305.00; 350-400 lbs 260.00-270.00; 

400-450 lbs 237.00-250.00; 450-500 lbs 220.00-227.00; 

500-550 lbs 212.00-220.00 7 hd 516# @ 225.00; 

550-600 lbs 210.00-217.00 5 hd 578# @ 222.00.



   REPLACEMENT & FEEDER COWS:  Medium & Large 1-2 Middle Aged (4-8 yrs) 

1350-1560 Lbs 6-8 months bred 1560.00-1590.00;

 Medium & Large 1-2 Middle Aged (4-8 yrs) 950-990 Lbs 1-7 months bred 

1020.00-1390.00.





Source:  Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce - USDA Market News Service

         Jackson, MS   Michael Lasseter, Market Reporter, (601) 359-1159



         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS156

0900c  ml

No comments

Add new comment

(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Welcome

to our redesigned homepage!

Scroll Down for more stories