Greeley, CO Fri Dec 07, 2012 USDA- CO Dept of Ag Market News
Centennial Livestock Auction - Ft. Collins, CO
Receipts: 389 Last Week: 1060 Last Year: 816
Compared to last week: Fleshy type slaughter cows traded 2.00 to 4.00 lower,
with lean slaughter cows trading mostly steady. Slaughter bulls traded weak on
a light test from the previous week. Feeding type cows and bulls mostly steady.
Trading activity was moderate on moderate to good buyer demand. The supply was
comprised of approximately 81 percent slaughter cows and bulls with the balance
Grade Pct Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breakers 75-80 1275-1882 70.00-74.50 75.50-77.00 64.00-69.00
Boners 80-85 1220-1561 69.00-74.50 76.00-76.50 62.00-68.50
Lean 85-90 1010-1395 66.00-71.50 72.50 59.00-65.50
Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Yield Grade 1-2 1220-2385 84.00-84.50 78.50-83.50
Very Low Dressing 71.00-77.50
Feeder Cows: Medium and Large 1 Heifers 790-925 lbs 110.50-124.00, 1245 lbs
105.00; Heiferettes 971-1370 lbs 82.00-90.00; Young 932-1725 lbs 75.00-82.00;
Middle Aged 1345-1485 lbs 74.50-76.50.
1005-1560 lbs 83.00-90.50; Middle Aged 1435-1820 lbs 75.00-79.00.
Medium and Large 1-2 Heifers 727-945 lbs 90.00-96.00; Young 788-1265 lbs
Holstein Heifers: Large 3 1050-1410 lbs 86.00-93.00.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1 1285-1295 lbs 96.50-100.00.
Source: USDA-CO Dept of Ag Market News Service, Greeley, CO
Tess Norvell, 970-353-9750 Greeley.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Centennial Livestock Auction - Ft. Collins CO
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- Commentary: Veggie burger vs. dog food
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector