Amarillo, Texas Fri Jan 04, 2013 USDA-TX Dept of Ag Market News
Cattleman's Livestock Auction - Dalhart, TX - Thursday - 01/03/13
Cattle and Calves: 704 Two Weeks ago: 1567 Year Ago: N/A
Compared to two weeks ago: Feeder steers and heifers firm on limited
receipts. Slaughter cows 2.00 higher. Slaughter bulls not well tested. Trade
and demand moderate to good. Body condition on receipts mostly moderate flesh
with a few thin. Bulk supply Medium and Large 1-2 375-900 lb feeder steers and
heifers. Slaughter cows made up 28 percent, slaughter bulls less than 1
percent, replacement cows less than 1 percent, and feeders 72 percent. The
feeder supply included 64 percent steers and 36 percent heifers. Near 78
percent of the run weighed over 600 lbs.
Steers: Medium and Large 1 few 295 lbs 220.00; few 374 lbs 200.00; few 497
lbs 179.00; few 600-700 lbs 156.00-160.50; 700-800 lbs 148.25-154.00; 800-850
lbs 148.00-148.50; few 895 lbs 142.50.
Medium and Large 1-2 few 500-550 lbs 159.00-161.00; few 837 lbs 137.00.
Medium and Large 2 few 500-600 lbs 140.00-146.00.
Heifers: Medium and Large 1 few 374 lbs 172.50; few 500-600 lbs 146.00-
150.50, few 580 lbs 141.00; few 600-700 lbs 142.00-145.00; few 705 lbs 143.50;
750-800 lbs 137.75-138.50.
Medium and Large 1-2 few 402 lbs 145.50; few 600-700 lbs 136.00-138.00.
Medium and Large 2 few 510 lbs 131.00.
Percent Lean Weight Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 75-80 1350-1650 76.00-77.50
Dairy Slaughter Cows:
Boning 75-80 1200-1600 74.50-78.50 79.00-79.75
Lean 85-90 1000-1600 73.00-77.25 60.00-64.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1300-1800 lbs not well tested
Source: USDA Market News Service, Amarillo, TX
806/372-6361 - email@example.com
USDA 24 hour price information 806-372-3494
0900C jm ktg
Dalhart , TX Auction
No matching related articles at this time.
- Cow slaughter through May likely to exceed same period in 2012
- Beef Quiz: Growing beef demand
- AFBF president issues statement on U.S.-EU trade negotiations
- E. coli test leads to National Beef recall
- Buckle your seatbelt for the House consideration of the farm bill
- Schwieterman: Higher new crop corn pressures cattle futures
- Will Smith dethroned in latest Peterson Farm Bros. parody
- 3,000 pounds of copper wire stolen from Oklahoma ranch
- Changes in U.S.-Mexican cattle and beef trade
- Peterson Brothers: What summer vacation?
- Crude oil expected to peak and cost of electricity to go down
- Experts weigh in on lowest beef supply in 60 years