Frankfort, KY Thu Jan 17, 2013 USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News
United Producers. Inc., Irvington Livestock Auction (cattle weighed at time
Receipts: 83 Last Week: 152 Last Year: 63
Compared to last week, Feeder Heifers were steady, Steers were not tested.
Slaughter Cows were 2.00 to 3.00 lower and Bulls 2.00 to 3.00 higher.
Feeder Steers: Not tested.
Holstein Steers: Not tested.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1-2 800-900 lbs 107.00-110.00.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2 200-300 lbs 140.00-155.00; 300-400 lbs
134.00; 400-500 lbs 129.00; 500-600 lbs 129.00; 800-900 lbs 100.00.
Percent Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breaker 75-80 1300-1500 67.50-71.50 76.00-78.00
Boners 80-85 1200-1375 62.00-65.50 66.50-67.00
Lean 85-90 1000-1275 43.00-48.00 57.50
Yield Grade Weights Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
1-2 1495-1765 88.00-92.00 94.00-98.50 84.50-85.50
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 cows 6-10 years old 3-5 months bred 730.00-
1070.00 per head.
This report reflects prices of the majority of cattle with a USDA grade, weight,
and sex on this sale date. This report does not represent all animals at the
sale on that date.
Source: USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News Service, Frankfort, KY
Bobby Smith, Market Reporter
Alex Tolbert, OIC 502-564-0290 xtn 238
24 Hour Toll Free Market Report 1-800-327-6568
Irvington Livestock Auction KY
- Crop futures proved quite weak again Friday morning
- Feedlot management: The key to finding and keeping good help
- Beef Checkoff sets sights on $39 million in investments
- 50 beef cattle profit tips
- Cattle Outlook: Cattle on feed down one percent from last year
- Is there room for improved farm production efficiency?
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- Jolley: Winchester Dairy accused of animal abuse
- Commentary: The ultimate squelch on GMO labeling
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Conservationists demand end to killing Yellowstone bison
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees