Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri, May 6, 2011
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 22,000 Week ago Act: 23,130 Year ago Act: 20,633
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings mostly steady.
Heifers steady. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 138.00-150.00; 400-500
lbs 128.00-140.00; 500-600 lbs 118.00-130.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 128.00-140.00; 400-500 lbs 118.00-130.00; 500-600 lbs 108.00-120.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 400-500 lbs 114.00-124.00; 500-600
all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade
- What sick day? Farmers take just three a year
- Senate Agriculture Committee completes Farm Bill markup