Dodge City, KS Thu Feb 27, 2014 USDA-KS Dept of Ag Market News
Pratt Livestock Feeder Cattle Auction, Pratt, KS as of 3:00 pm
Estimated receipts: 5000
Compared with last week: Steers 700-1050 lbs firm to 4.00 higher, heifers 700-
750 lbs firm to 4.00 higher; 750-900 lbs steady to weak. Steers and heifers 700
lbs and under not enough as of 3:00 pm for a market test.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1 700-750 lbs 175.50-176.00, 12 head Thin
Fleshed 705 lbs 182.50; 750-800 lbs 169.75-174.10; 800-850 lbs 164.25-168.10;
850-900 lbs 162.10-166.60; 900-950 lbs 155.50-160.10; 950-1000 lbs 155.00-
155.85; 1000-1050 lbs 153.00-154.50.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1 700-750 lbs 163.25-165.00; 59 head 771 lbs
158.50; 800-850 lbs 156.00-156.50; 850-900 lbs 151.00-153.00.
Source: Kansas Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Dodge City, KS
Doug Richmeier, Richard Hruska, OIC 620 227-8881
24 hr Markets 620 369-9311
The Pratt Livestock Report is a service provided by the Kansas Dept of
Ag with technical oversight from USDA AMS.
1500C dr fa
Pratt Livestock Auction KS
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- BVD: Exploring eradication
- Grain and dairy producers can get commodity marketing update
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices steady, volume heavy this week
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Should consumers insist on "antibiotic free" meat?
- Drought conditions improve in parts of U.S.
- Steers and lower corn prices boost cattle dressed weights
- NCBA vows to fight USDA plan to create 2nd beef checkoff program
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation